ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The second annual Fort McMurray Food Festival will take place July 25-29, 2018, and will incorporate a group of new events and some familiar events from previous festivals in Wood Buffalo history.
The aim of the Festival is to incorporate the best of what Wood Buffalo has to offer for foodies, entertainment lovers and those seeking a great summer festival experience with events targeted for food and entertainment lovers of all ages.
Why have the Fort McMurray Food Festival again in 2018?
- We want to again hold a vibrant summer festival and showcase the bold community spirit found here in Wood Buffalo, and give our residents a great opportunity to have fun with their friends and neighbours.
- Support the restaurant and entertainment industry and showcase the diversity, talent and provide exposure to increase economic development within the food industry in our region.
- The Fort McMurray Food Festival Committee is proud to provide support to a deserving local organization providing much-needed services to Fort McMurray. For our second year, we have chosen to support Waypoints(formerly the Fort McMurray Family Crisis Society) and are working closely with their team to execute these events.
Become a partner
We encourage all restaurants, bars, lounges, caterers and supporting businesses and organizations to get involved in this festival.
There are many ways to support the fun and here are just a few:
- Sponsor the festival either through cash or gift-in-kind support.
- Become a vendor or event partner and showcase your business to the community.
- Encourage employees, neighbours, friends and family to purchase tickets and enjoy the festival events or attend a free event!
- Corporate ticket purchases can support your employees and their quality of life in Fort McMurray.
- Volunteer your time and talents to help ensure a great event for all to enjoy!
However you get involved, we just hope that you do and together we’ll create a wonderful community experience for the residents and visitors of Fort McMurray and surrounding areas!
Waypoints has been providing valuable services and a compassionate shoulder to lean on for individuals affected by interpersonal & family violence since 1982. Their staff and volunteers assist in rebuilding lives by implementing crisis intervention and a range of support services, while acknowledging the multitude of issues facing survivors of abuse. In 1987, when Waypoints, then known as Fort McMurray Family Crisis Society, first opened its doors to Unity House women’s and children’s emergency shelter the complex had a capacity of nine beds. Today, almost 30 years later, they have 36 beds and continue to put our efforts into protecting our citizens from domestic abuse and are working on building a new facility for the community.